Sunday, March 15, 2009

Apathetic

I have acquired this particular feeling. It may mean that I'm going through my mid-life crisis at an early age. The thing is, I feel quite bored...with everything.

It all started after my first off-island soccer trip. I left the airport and felt like something just killed me. Though, I'm not saying that I'm emo or whatever.

My coach said that everybody feels different after their first trip. I don't think that that's the case right now. Let me try to explain how I'm feeling.

One second I'm laughing at a joke. The next second, I feel this emptiness in the pit of my stomach. I feel like I'm on an elevator, completely alone. Then, I get to thinking about my purpose in life and what I have to look forward too. Usually, the thing that keeps me excited and going is soccer. Now, I feel apathetic towards that and all other things. I need excitement. I need something to motivate me-to get me through the day. It's all so boring. I feel like-no, I don't feel. Geeeeezzzz! This stinks. I can't really feel anger, but I can type it. 

1 comment:

  1. First, know that you're not alone -- most people have gone through phases like this in their lives. It's usually as a result of difficult things happening in our lives -- losing a job, death of a loved one, divorce, having to move to a new location or change schools, things like that.

    It's tough, I know. But just know that things will get better. You're a strong person! You'll make it through this tough time, and your life will improve, and you'll be even stronger because you made it through all of this.

    I've gone through tough times too -- my parents got divorced when I was young, I went through a divorce myself, my grandfather recently died -- so I know how it can be. I had a hard time with all those things, and I felt similar feelings.

    But I made it through those times! I survived, and so can you.

    If you need someone to talk to, don't hesitate to contact us, come visit us, whatever you need. You are loved by many people, even if you don't always realize it.

    ReplyDelete